We are a lively club situated on the outskirts of Swindon, in a pleasant rural setting.
We have a flourishing membership and are a focal point within the local community; maintaining active links with the local schools.
We have the ClubMark accreditation from the Lawn Tennis Association, which is awarded to tennis clubs who meet their demanding criteria.
We have four well-maintained courts (pictured, above right), two of them have Floodlights, a full-time coach, club pavilion (pictured, below right), and lots of convenient free parking.
We are a ‘members only’ club, with an open policy on membership and we are keen to encourage people of all ages and standards of play.
We aim to attract both newcomers to the sport (adults and children), as well as more experienced players who may wish to compete in league fixtures.
Our fees are among the lowest in the county, which reflects our policy of being inclusive (please see Join us).
We have Mens, Ladies and Mixed teams that play in both the summer and winter league fixtures of the Swindon & District LTA Leagues..
We hold regular adult club social play sessions throughout the Spring / Summer / Autumn months. Weather permitting we continue these sessions throughout the Winter months. We also have planned coaching sessions for Adults and Children (for full details please see Playing arrangements). Flood lighting is available and a FREE token system is available to use the lights.
If you are interested in finding out more about our club, please come along to one of our club sessions for a free ‘taster session’ or pop along on a Saturday morning to find out more about children’s coaching sessions. Or call our Chairman Jane Howes for any more details, see her Contact details.
The Wanborough Tennis Club (“WTC”) is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice sets out how the WTC collects, stores and uses personal data.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information please contact the WTC Secretary at XXXXX
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about you:
- when you register with the WTC, submit enquiries to the WTC (including via the WTC website), send emails to the WTC, make a donation to the WTC or otherwise provide us with your personal information;
- from third party data suppliers if, and only if, they confirm that you have agreed for your personal information to be shared with other organisations;
- when you use the WTC website: we may collect certain technical information and information about your visit to improve our website; and
- from publically available sources.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal information we collect may include your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, date of birth, Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) British Tennis Membership (BTM) number , and interests with regard to WTC and similar activities, as well as your image. We may reproduce any image of you that you provide us, on our website. Your image is likely to constitute sensitive personal data and whilst we do not set out to collect sensitive personal data about you, we recognise that your image may disclose information about your health, race or religious beliefs.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use personal information held about you to:
- respond to your enquiries and requests;
- process your donations;
- provide you with information (including by text, email and other messaging systems) about our events and third party events that we think may be of interest to you.
- comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures;
- provide and personalise our services; and
- administer membership records.
DONATIONS AND PAYMENTS TO THE WTC
To make a donation, pay for your membership or pay for registration to certain events through our website, you may be directed to a third party (e.g. PayPal) who will take payment. You will be subject to such third party’s terms and conditions and we accept no responsibility for that third party or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of that third party’s payment facilities. We do not store your credit or debit card details at all.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data stored on our website and systems.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not pass your personal information to other organisations for them to use for their own marketing purposes.
We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to third parties who provide a service to us and are data processors. These third parties are required to comply applicable data protection laws;
- where we are required to disclose your personal information in order to comply with applicable laws or the disclosure is necessary for purposes of national security, taxation or criminal investigation;
- where we have your written consent to do so.
We keep your personal information for as long as required to provide our services and in accordance with our legal requirements. Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the right to:
- Access your personal information. You have a right to obtain confirmation that your personal information is being processed and further to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you.
- Amend your personal information. You may edit your personal information at any time.
- Request to have your personal information deleted.
- Restrict processing of your personal information. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. We will continue to store your data but not further process it, so we can ensure that the restriction is enforced in the future.
- Object to processing of your information in certain circumstances. You may object to your personal information being processed for marketing and research purposes.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you wish to lodge a complaint or seek advice from a supervisory authority please contact The Office of the Information Commissioner.
- Withdraw your consent to processing at any time.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact the WTC Secretary at XXXXX
STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you will be stored in compliance with EU data protection requirements.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this website linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on